Monday, February 4, 2008

Introduction and first day knitting

Hi, all! I'm a new member and have started my scarf, Kathryn Alexander's Color on Color from Scarf Style:



Admittedly, it doesn't look like much, but it's a good excuse to make a scarf I really like the look of (I'm a total color junkie)! I'm hoping it ends up more the size of a wrap, but I guess I could add more blocks.

Anyway, I'm a liberal/progressive mother of 2 (girl 9, boy 6), mid-40's (oh, man, that sounds old) in Southern California. I've been struggling since Edwards dropped out of the race with what I should do tomorrow, although I think I've made up my mind. As of this minute. Talk to me tomorrow. I'm spending today listening to the FISA debate on my computer.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else knits up!

If you want to see more of my political ramblings/knitting/spinning come over to my blog, Progressive Purls.

Peace.

2 comments:

spoons said...

That pattern is perfect for using up scraps and ends. Good idea!

Welcome to the scarf-along.
:D

Katy said...

Welcome! I love this scarf! I'm so glad someone is making it and I get to watch.